VonSeda's Hardwood Hideaway - Lodge Rules
- Your children are your responsibility, as well as any other minors that are in your care. You are responsible for yourself, as well as any guests or invitees. AT NO TIME IS THERE A LIFEGUARD ON DUTY.
- Responsible party must be at least 21 years of age to rent the home.
- NO PETS allowed. (even outdoor pets are prohibited)
- Fire pit usage -NEVER LEAVE BURNING FIRES UNATTENDED. (time fire burning accordingly if wanting to leave the lodge)
- NO PARTIES. (local ordinances prohibit parties that could disturb other lakefront and area neighbors)
- Do Not Order Movies/Pay per view from Satellite Dish, use provided channels only please
- Please Recycle! Please separate aluminum cans, glass, and plastics from other trash.
- Fire extinguishers are located on the main level, in the loft and lower level. THEY ARE TO BE USED ONLY IN EMERGENCY. Please contact owners if used.
- NO SMOKING inside of lodge. (If smoking outside, Please dispose of butts appropriately, Do Not Litter please)
- Only flush toilet paper down the toilet. No tampons, contraceptives, diapers, wipes or cigarette butts are to be flushed down the toilet.
- NO jet skiing before 9:00 a.m. or after 6:00 p.m. This is out of respect for other neighbors on the lake.
- No Snowmobiling /ATV-ing on property after 9:00 p.m. EXCEPT in leaving the property, or returning to property from trails. Please do not drive over septic system which is located on the stretch of property between the cabin and the propane tank.
- You must wear a life jacket if you use the lodge paddle boats, canoe, pontoon boat or rowboat. Life jackets ARE NOT provided. Please bring your own.
- Please observe and obey all DNR regulations
- Do not violate any city or state ordinances on or about the premises.
- No mechanical repairs on motorized vehicles/machines or their parts inside of the lodge.
- No discharging of firearms or fireworks on lodge property.
- No Hunting of any sort on Lodge Property
- No cleaning of wild game/animals of any sort inside of lodge.
- Rules for Fish Cleaning:
- NO cleaning of fish inside the lodge- please clean outside only.
- Please wrap fish waste in newspaper and then bag before disposing.
- During your stay, you are allowed to have visitors, but on a limited basis. Only registered guests are allowed to stay at cabin
- Furniture in the home is not to be re arranged. If you or your group does move furniture to accommodate your needs, all items are to be put back in original space prior to departure.
- Please turn off indoor and outdoor lights & appliances when not in use.
- Check in time is 4:30 p.m., Check out time is 10:00 a.m. On morning of check out, please strip used sheets and pillowcases, towels and place them in laundry room. Please start laundry. We ask you to leave no more than 2 loads of dirty laundry to wash.
- Please do not wash the quilts/bed comforters. They only fit in laundromat washers and will be washed only by owners/management.
- Washing machine uses High efficiency detergent. If not using this kind of detergent, it will cause excessive suds and damage to the machine.
Payment can be in the form of cashiers check, money order or personal check.
- $300 down payment and completed paperwork is due within 7 days of booking to secure reserved dates.
- Please shut and lock tightly all doors & windows prior to leaving property.
- Cancellations will result in a refund minus $50 if received within 30 days for reservations during the winter, spring or fall, or if lodge is rented out to someone else for those dates. No refund for less than 30 day notice if lodge is not rented out for those dates. No refunds for early departures.
- Cancellations for Summer reservations ( Memorial Day through Labor Day)- A refund minus $50 will be given if cancellation is made within 90 Days prior to reservation. No refunds for less than 90 days will be given, unless lodge is rented out during those dates. No refunds for early departures. No refunds on pontoon boat rental.
- Balance in full is to be paid 30 days prior to check in for reservations during the winter, spring or fall. This includes full rental amount, 6% MI sales tax, and $200 damage deposit.
- Summer Reservations- Balance in full to be paid 60 days prior to arrival.
**DAMAGE DEPOSIT MUST BE PAID PRIOR TO ARRIVAL. IF YOU CAUSE DAMAGE THAT EXCEEDS $300.00, YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THE AMOUNT DEEMED APPROPRIATE BY OWNERS/MANAGEMENT.
Guests are expected to clean up well after yourself, friends and family-indoors and outdoors. You are to leave the home as you found it. If premises are left in such a state that it takes longer to clean, or must be professionally cleaned, you will be responsible to pay a cleaning charge- amount determined by owners. If lodge rules are not followed, security deposit may be forfeited in its entirety.
Garbage removal is not included in rental rate. Each bag will cost $3 per bag (excluding aluminum cans). Please pay for prior to leaving.